About the Company
McKean's Flowers Ltd., located in New Glasgow,has been serving Pictou County for over 60 years. We are a third generation family owned and operated fresh flower shop and are truly committed to offering exceptional quality and service for all your floral and gift giving needs. We invite you to browse our website and let it help you with your floral selection. If at any time you have a question or concern, please contact us to speak with one of our professional staff. Thank you for making McKean's Pictou County's oldest and largest full service florist!
McKean's Flowers Ltd.
43 George Street
New Glasgow, NS B2H 2K2
Our shop is open Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. We are closed on Sunday, however, you can shop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online at www.mckeansflowers.com. (We do have extended shop hours during major floral holidays)
To help ensure on-time delivery during the busy holiday season, place your order at least 1 day prior to the following major holidays: Valentine's Day, Easter, Administrative Professionals Week, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Our shop is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Family/Heritage Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labor Day, Canadian Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day.
The Flower Dlifference
Why should you buy from us? Here's what we believe is "The McKean’s Flowers Difference".
* We are a real florist, with a real flower shop, with real flowers in it. We’re not just some website that takes your order and passes it off after deducting a hidden commission.
* We care about the world, the people in it and the environment we live in. All of our flowers are either locally grown or follow our “Fair Flowers” guidelines (see “Fair Flowers” section). We recycle all the plastic wrappers and pots than come into our store as well as reuse or recycle the boxes and paper. All of our organic waste is composted…and boy do we have a lot!
* We have a “freshest first” policy. We always use the best, newest flowers available. We know that our best advertising is the quality of our flowers and what people say about them.
* We back up our claims with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If there's a problem, we will replace the flowers or give you a refund.
* All our cut flowers go out hydrated, arranged in floral foam or put in water tubes. This keeps them hydrated during delivery so they last longer, and it preserves the bouquet design so that the arrangement arrives the way it’s meant to look.
* If you see it in the picture on our website, the vase, dish, or pot comes with the item and is already included in the price. The arrangement wouldn't look the same without it.
* Message cards are free, and your message is typed on it clearly so it’s easily read.
* All arrangements are sent out with a McKean’s Flower Care Card. It provides easy instructions on how to keep the flowers looking great for as long as possible. Floral preservative is either already added by us or included with wrapped bouquets for you to add yourself.
* We are a member of The Pictou County Chamber of Commerce and Flowers Canada and conduct ourselves at the highest professional standards
We accept the following payment methods:
as well as Visa/Debit and Mastercard/Debit
If you have any questions or need more information, please call McKeans directly at (902) 752-4146 or toll free at 888-702-3233 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
We specialize in the following services:
- Huge inventory of fresh, fairly traded flowers
- Lush plants and dish gardens
- Contemporary and traditional arrangements
- Custom Weddings to suit all budgets
- Funeral and sympathy designs
- Delectable Gourmet Baskets
- Unique giftware and home decor
- Silk and permanent arrangements
Our shop serves the following areas in Nova Scotia:
All of Pictou County including but not limited to:
...and virtually all points in between.
- New Glasgow
- Lyon's Brook
- Pictou Landing
- King's Head
- West River
We also deliver to the following facilities:
Aberdeen Hospital, Glen Haven Manor, HW Angus Funeral Home, High Crest Place, P&K MacDonald Funeral Home, RH Porter Funeral Home, Eagles Funeral Home, McLaren Funeral Home, HC MacQuarrie Funeral Home, Valley View Villa, Maritime Odd Fellows Home and Sunset Haven Rest Home.
|We also deliver to the following facilities:|
|Glen Haven Manor||H W Angus Funeral Home Ltd|
|High-Crest Home New Glasgow||High-Crest Place Limited|
|P & K Mac Donald Funeral Home|
McKean's uses only their own vehicles to ensure safe and prompt delivery for our customers.
A local delivery fee of $10.00 will be added to each order for in town addresses, and $11-$20 depending on the postal code for addresses outside town limits. For deliveries outside Pictou County, an additional $12 wire fee will be added.
All orders must be received before 1:00 p.m. in the recipient's time zone to assure same-day delivery. Orders received after this time may not be delivered until the next day.
Unfortunately, we cannot make deliveries to cemeteries.
For international orders kindly phone our shop directly at (902) 752-4146 or toll free at 888-702-3233.
Occasionally, substitutions may be necessary to create your bouquet due to the availability of certain flowers in various parts of the country. Care is taken to maintain the style, theme and color scheme of the arrangement, using flowers of equal value. Additionally, the substitution of certain keepsake items may be necessary due to increased demand, especially during major holidays. In single-flower arrangements, such as an all rose bouquet, or orchids, we will make every attempt to match the flower type, but may substitute with another color.
This privacy statement has been created in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting customer privacy.
Information We Collect
If you open an account on our site or make a purchase, we need your contact information including your name, e-mail address and mailing address to complete your transaction.
When you visit our website, we also collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. We use this information to determine our users demographics and interests, so that we can better understand and serve our users.
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
When opening an account or making a purchase, you have an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out from receiving emails from us. If you opt-in to receive information from us, we may use your purchase history, contact information and other registration information to provide you with more relevant information and email content. We may send emails to our users regarding changes in our services or other information we believe will be of interest to our users. If you prefer not to receive these emails, you can send us an email with the subject line no emails or reply to our email with the subject line no emails.
We may share aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns and related site information with other businesses, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may share your information with Teleflora and other reputable vendors for the purpose of sending out special offers via email and/ or in connection with the services provided by our site such as the delivery of flowers. Your information will not be shared for any other purpose and will be kept secured.
We cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. For example, we may be required to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that may be illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
All user credit card information is securely communicated using secure socket layer (SSL) software, which is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions.
All user information stored on our server is stored in an encrypted format. Notwithstanding these efforts, we caution you that perfect security does not exist on the Internet.
If this site contains any links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Changes to Privacy Statement; Consent
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this page periodically for changes. By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by us as described in this Privacy Statement.
Questions and Comments
We welcome your questions and comments about this Privacy Statement.